We have all heard it umpteen number of times about exercising and its health benefits, but most of us do not pay any heed into putting it to practice. Every one of us is getting old every day, and it is never too late to take care of ourselves for holistic wellness so that we can be prepared for what our bodies have to offer us in the subsequent years. Getting a head start on your regular recommended 150-minute workout or just a 15-minute exercise routine will put you way ahead on the healthiness curve.
What Studies Tell About Exercising And Its Health Benefits?
Many studies show exercise not only improves your physical fitness and aids in weight loss, but it also improves cardiovascular health, along with many other health benefits.
- According to a Time study article, only 20% of the Americans follow the 150-minute workout week regime, and the remaining were either leading a non-active physical life.
- A 2018 JAMA study reported that lack of exercise increases the possibility of premature death than it is due to cardiovascular diseases, or other health disorders.
- Another study said that with regular physical activity, the biological cells make look younger, making you look younger.
- Recent research implied that people of 70 years of age, who exercised regularly over the years had the same muscle, heart, and lung fitness of healthy people who were around 40 years of age.
- An article published in the International Journal of Stroke showed that people who started exercising at a later age of 40 – 59 years of age, relatively decreased their risk of getting a stroke compared to the ones who were inactive.
Why Exercising Is Vital For Holistic Wellness?
Be it a vigorous training, the more articulate yoga, or just a simple 30-minute everyday walk, any form of exercise or physical activity when done regularly at the right times and in the right amounts, is bound to bestow you with many health benefits. Exercising can do many amazing things to your body and mind, and here is a quick glimpse of the few perks offered by regular exercise and physical activity.
- Improves Brain Health – Exercising enables the production of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) that protects brain cells, repairs neurons, and feeds the growth of new blood cells and vessels. Also, it improves focus, concentration, memory power, and reduces cognitive dysfunctions.
- Improves Heart And Lung Health – Aerobic exercises improve blood flow to and out of the heart, increase the heart’s chamber volumes, regulate blood pressure, improve lung capacity, and decrease the risk of associated cardio-respiratory diseases.
- Improves Skin Health – The improved blood circulation due to regular exercising helps in delivering more oxygen and nutrients to the cells, thereby, keeping the skin healthy. Also, exercise tones the muscles, tightening the skin and prevents muscle atrophy.
- Improves Overall Body Immunity – In addition to improving the functions of the brain, lungs, and heart, regular physical activity and exercising help in fighting against many chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, hypertension, pain, anxiety, inflammation, etc.
Apart from having an exercise routine, eating a nutritious diet that is balanced well with the right amount of proteins, fats, fiber, and carbohydrates, which when combined with healthy lifestyle habits, will definitely go a mile ahead in enhancing your quality of life and better overall wellbeing. Also, it is crucial to get regular health checkups and keep an eye on your blood pressure levels, BMI, cholesterol and sugar levels, and other health parameters to stay aware of any possible risks.
Why Choose FreeWellnessPlatform.com For Holistic Wellness?
Regular physical activity, a balanced diet, and a positive lifestyle leads you to a life of holistic wellness that not just improves your everyday life but also improves your quality of work output, which in turn, improves organizational productivity. FreeWellnessPlatform.com is a wellness platform that offers corporate wellness programs to organizations, wellness brokers, and other groups that are a part of the health & fitness industry. Our well-designed health plans, wellness challenges, app integration, and other state-of-art features focus on the specific health needs of your workers, improving employee productivity and workplace wellness.